What are the LA2050 Goals?
We believe that in order to track and drive progress, Angelenos must be united by a shared vision of success for the region. The LA2050 Goals represent this shared vision, and will help influence LA2050's activities now and into the future. You can learn more about them here.
How did you come up with the LA2050 Goals and Metrics?
I have feedback on the LA2050 Goals. How can I share that with you?
We want your feedback! Email us at [email protected] with your feedback.
Can I apply more than once?
Technically there can be multiple entries from the same organization, so long as the project ideas are unique and in different categories. However, we would recommend consolidating your resources, collaborators, and supporters and submitting one awesome proposal!
What are some tips for submitting ideas to the My LA2050 Grants Challenge?
- Collaborate. We are eager to see folks working together to improve Los Angeles.
- Think about impact and be imaginative. We want to hear your most innovative ideas – but we also want to know that your idea is feasible, implementable, and that it could impact the LA2050 goals and metrics outlined by a community of Angelenos.
- Share how your idea will impact the LA2050 Goal you are focusing on. For example, if you’ve chosen LA is the best place to LEARN, you might describe how your idea will improve graduation rates; if you’ve chosen LA is the best place to CONNECT, you might explain how your idea will increase voting rates or volunteerism.
- Videos can help quickly articulate your project or your organization’s mission. To include a video, use a YouTube URL. If you don’t have a video, be sure to include a high-resolution photo that represents your idea or organization. Photos should be in JPG, PNG, or GIF format, at least 570 × 345 pixels. We suggest limiting attachment files to 5 MB each.
- Please note that when uploading documents file names containing special characters ([email protected]#$%^&*()) are not allowed and file names should be less than or equal to 30 characters.
- Get your application in early! LA2050 will showcase submissions as they are accepted up until voting begins (i.e. between Tuesday, September 6, 2016 and Monday, October 17, 2016).
- If you don't see your submission on the challenge page, don't panic! Your application is going through the moderation process, and will show up on the site over the next few days if it is approved.
- Check out the LA2050 Goals, the LA2050 Report, and the My LA2050 White Paper for additional information.