About Your Proposal
In one sentence, please describe what your organization does.
Creating a social share web-based platform that identifies unique community goals, and then provides a platform to connect you or your business to a customized experience with local causes, all local.
In one to three sentences, please describe your project proposal.
Connect the community to unique and custom planes to give of your time, treasure or talent, locally.
How much are you applying for?
How will your proposal impact the following CONNECT metrics?
- Access to free wifi
- Social & emotional support
- Cultural events
- Public/open streets gatherings
- Government responsiveness to residents’ needs
- Travel time to work
- Public transit riders
- Participation in neighborhood councils
- Rates of volunteerism
- Residential segregation
- Total number of local social media friends and connections Angelenos have
- Transit-accessible housing and employment (the share of housing units and percentage of jobs that are located within a half-mile of transit)
- Voting rates
In what areas of Los Angeles will you be directly working?
County of Los Angeles (please select only if your project has a countywide benefit), LAUSD
Describe in greater detail how your proposal will make LA the best place to CONNECT?
Using the unique community goals, GiveToday LA is at the core a connecting piece for the entire community to support each other. In a fast paced technology era we have been granted access and information to the entire world. In this pursuit, the question should be asked, have we become blind to the local? Los Angeles is home to a vibrant and well supported non profit community. We are also home to a very engaged and dedicated philanthropic community and business community. Imagine if we pulled all the technology advances together and at the same time pulled the community, commerce and causes under one massive social platform? The results could be massive, so massive that we need your support. The connection place, a place where LA goes to do good, would offer three pillar areas of focus:
1. Time- a portal that matches individuals and businesses to customized volunteer experiences, with a completely local focus- local cause, local help.
2. Treasure- a crowd funding platform where local causes can promote to a local audience and gain lifelong support. This will be in phase two and we will partner with an existing platform to power this engine.
3. Talent- a marketplace where people can offer expertise or help to local businesses or nonprofits, and conversely organizations can list certain needs they have to seek help.
To make LA the best place it can be, we must all give something. This web based gathering place will be the one stop to inspire and provide people with a place to give something- time, treasure or talent. The impact is massive.
Please explain how you will define and measure success for your project.
We will measure success of connection by using a social share platform on the internet where we will asses and track citizen involvement and interactions. We will also be able to asses quality by the number of nonprofits that sign up to promote on our platform and the number of business and community signups we generate. All will be logged and reported. Lastly, we will have a weekly podcase, Go Beyond the Mission where we will highlight causes and people throughout the development and roll out of Give Today LA.
How can the LA2050 community and other stakeholders help your proposal succeed?
- Advisors/board members
- Infrastructure (building/space/vehicles etc.)
- Technical infrastructure (computers etc.)
- Community outreach
- Network/relationship support
- Quality improvement research