About Your Proposal
In one sentence, please describe what your organization does.
We provide resources to artists and the community in the areas of professional development, empowerment, self awareness, and entrepreneurship.
In one to three sentences, please describe your project proposal.
JAYA Legacy intends to create opportunities for artists to create, develop, network, and showcase talent through the facilitation of professional development workshops and the establishment of minority-owned business ventures.
How much are you applying for?
How will your proposal impact the following CREATE metrics?
- Arts establishments
- Employment in the creative industries
- Minority- and women-owned firms
- High growth startups
- Venture capital investment
In what areas of Los Angeles will you be directly working?
Central LA, East LA, San Gabriel Valley, San Fernando Valley, South LA, Westside, South Bay, LAUSD
Describe in greater detail how your proposal will make LA the best place to CREATE?
J.A.Y.A. Legacy is staffed with a collection of female and minority entrepreneurs with track record of success that operates in a spirit of excellence. We serve people ages 13 and up from all races and all genders, sexual orientation, and backgrounds. We support artists through exposure and provide a platform to present their skills. We serve people who are broken, mentally, spiritually, financially in low-income communities in need of healing. J.A.Y.A. Legacy provides a network of services which empowers its artists to harness their creativity by fostering entrepreneurship, cultural diversity, and inclusivity. Through programs and showcases offered by J.A.Y.A. Legacy our artist have the opportunity to get professional training in the areas of contract negotiations, marketing materials, professional coaching, and financial literacy. We aim to be the center of entrepreneurial activity for artists and entertainment industry professionals. It is our overarching goal to be Los Angeles’ leader in creating job opportunity generating wealth for a diverse, flexible, and talented workforce. J.A.Y.A. Legacy will reflect the diversity of the greater Los Angeles region, leveraging our regional, national, and international business opportunities. Our workshops connect artists to resources, other like-minded individuals, and provide professional development.
Facilitate 3-5 Workshops to prepare attendees for success:
1. 3-City tour of “How to Jump from the Job to the Dream” workshops
a. Want to actually do the JAYA presents: MYN’D conference (Molding Your N’d Dream) – 4 day conference comprised of:
i. Motivational speaker platform – “Discipline”
ii. “Branding While Broke” workshop
iii. “Fearless” dance workshop
iv. Job to Dream Workshop
2. Launch #Love Is My Currency – Coaching sessions (on Periscope)
b. Teaching and coaching people how to work and live from a place of love
c. Weekly sessions
d. Trademark needs to be obtained
3. Stage Productions: The stage productions are purposed to unlock the untapped potential in the individual pushing them forward to their purpose and destiny.
4. Master Classes: Strengthen leaders to producer with more power. (vision – leaders coming to a charging station to get recharged or a new charge of power)These classes will be taught by masters in their respective fields.
5. Workshops/Conferences: Equipping creatives with tools to execute with excellence. The workshops are where the work begins. It is where tools are given for each individual’s toolbox to be taken home to build their houses, their destiny.
6. Museum Exhibits: Curating an atmosphere of intimacy for diverse people.
7. Coaching Sessions: One on one sessions providing practical suggestions for the journey. The sessions will be held on periscope (JAYA Legacy) and the website.
Please explain how you will define and measure success for your project.
Success is measured by attendance of workshops/showcases, surveys of participants, number of artists served, community service hours, business start-ups, number of youth agencies served, establishment of the website
How can the LA2050 community and other stakeholders help your proposal succeed?
- Advisors/board members
- Infrastructure (building/space/vehicles etc.)
- Technical infrastructure (computers etc.)
- Community outreach
- Network/relationship support
- Quality improvement research