How can we as Angelenos collectively help guide $1,000,000 in grants to build the LA2050 of our dreams?
Over the last few years, a community of civic-minded Angelenos has shared a vision for the future of Los Angeles. The goals for LA in the year 2050 – on which the My LA2050 Grants Challenge is built – are drawn from citizen visions, the LA2050 report that codifies those goals and metrics to track progress, and input from advisors and partners. Tens of thousands of you helped us finalize those goals via #LA2050Listens. Now, we want you to tell us how we can turn these goals into action.
Submit a project proposal for $25,000, $50,000, or $100,000 to help make Los Angeles a better place to learn, create, play, connect, or live.
Why these grant amounts? We continuously seek feedback to improve our work and try our best to respond thoughtfully. Thanks to input from past participants of the My LA2050 Grants Challenge, we’re providing more opportunities for pilot projects and smaller organizations with less ability to absorb a $100,000 grant to participate in the My LA2050 Grants Challenge.
Submit an application between Tuesday, September 6, 2016 (9am Pacific Time) and Tuesday, October 4, 2016 (5pm Pacific Time). Your application will go through a moderation process to ensure that your project adheres to all challenge rules.
From Tuesday, October 18, 2016 (9am Pacific Time) through Tuesday, October 25, 2016 (5pm Pacific Time), we’ll open the challenge submissions to public voting. Rally your colleagues and friends to get behind your effort and join the public in selecting the winners.
This year, winners will be selected in two ways:
In each goal category, the ten proposals garnering the largest number of public votes will be reviewed by a jury. The jury will then select a final winner in each goal category from the top ten voted.
Additional projects will be selected by a panel of judges until a total of $1,000,000 is granted.
There will be at least 10 grants awarded in the 2016 My LA2050 Grants Challenge and possibly more, depending on the grant amounts of the winning submissions. We are experimenting and learning alongside Angelenos!
Applications will be selected using the following criteria:
- Impact on the LA2050 goals and metrics
- Overall quality of the application
- Creativity and innovation
- Collaborative spirit
Details of the My LA2050 Grants Challenge rules can be found here.
A shared vision for the future of LA is an important step toward making progress. We want to hear your ideas for how we can make that vision a reality.
- Voting begins on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 (9am Pacific Time) and closes Tuesday, October 25, 2016 (5pm Pacific Time).
- Members of the public may vote once per goal category for a total of five votes.
- Voters must be at least 14 years old and a US resident.
- Voters must log in to participate in the 2016 My LA2050 Grants Challenge.
- Voters can use social sign-in via Facebook or Google or can use an email account to register. Voters using an email account will be sent a link to click in order to validate their address.
- We suggest using the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome for Mac and Windows, Safari for Mac, and Internet Explorer 10.
- If you have any questions, please review these FAQs or send us an email at [email protected].